Sunday, June 18, 2017

The Suitcase Saga

Many are asking about the “not so great suitcase drama”. A minor concern, unless you are traveling abroad and would like to retain your belongings. Of course at the end of a three week trip, one will be so tired of those belongings the entire kit and caboodle could be left behind with no regrets. I had an old reliable blue Samsonite that held everything in for a decade and multiple continents. That last Spice Jet flight in India snapped that relationship. Those kind of suitcase relationships may be a thing of the past. My new airport baggage claim activity will be counting the number of suitcases held together by straps. I was worried about my suitcase zipper prematurely and I noticed the wide variety of cases held together by straps. Boy, those spinner wheels were great though!

I am a big fan of amazon.com. I was surprised about the less than 24 hour longevity of my suitcase. I think a better business would be difficult to find. I emailed them about my suitcase and I was offered the opportunity to return it and receive a refund or a replacement. The box is long gone………I may be needing another bag soon. I emailed a second time and the fate of my suitcase is sealed. I have a full refund as a gift card, and permission to discard my case as I wish. That was nice of amazon.com. Throwing away something brand new…….challenging.

While I ponder this, I have had a lovely day in my friends English garden. This was a good place for a Pacific Northwester to be on a 94 degree day. I also have to review my relationship with blogger.com....my go to travel log since 2011 when I resumed my life as a globetreker. Blogger has been "deprecated"....planned obsolescence is accelerating today. Advice?

No comments:

Post a Comment