Sunday, June 18, 2017

Walking East Anglia #1

Today Janice and I walked from her home in Bressingham to the village of Diss. Diss was my hometown in 1984 -1985 when I had my teacher exchange, and I love it. We visited the Corn Hall that has been refurbished as a community center, theater, museum and art gallery. I learned it was originally a medieval linen center which I didn't know before. We did our banking, some light shopping and had tea by The Mere (pond). The walk through the fields and lanes was wonderful, but East Anglia is having a heat wave which broke a 162 year record yesterday. Sigh......this Pacific Northwester likes a range of about 65 - 72. Fortunately I have two decades of experience visiting Wisconsin every few summers, so I knew I would survive.

2 comments:

  1. Enjoying your blog! The morning news once more holds too much sad news about London. What are your impressions of the word on the street?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Larry, People in London are exhibiting grace and courage.

    ReplyDelete