Friday, August 5, 2016

Reykjavik Food Walk

From my guide:

HEY HEY my friend Sue!
Egill here from the Reykjavik Food Walk.

JAAY! Our Reykjavik Food Walk tour is finally up tomorrow!


The weather for tomorrow actually looks just brilliant! Not too windy and we might get some SUN! ... But I would always just recommend you to dress WARM and then nothing will stop us in having a blast!

I will be hosting our tour myself and I'm super excited to see you! I will be standing to meet you in front of Harpa (maybe inside if it will be COLD .... ) and I will be wearing a YELLOW Cintamani raincoat and a have a backpack on my back. I'm 100% sure that we will spot each other right away. But you can always drop me a line or call directly (+354 849-5876) if you can't find me or something comes up :)

I hope this sounds great and I am super excited to see you tomorrow for the awesome day ahead!

Warm regards,

Egill and the Reykjavik Food Walk team

PS. Hope you'll show up HUNGRY since 13 cuisines are waiting for you!


From me to you. ....okay, I thought this would be a tasting, and it was a four hour walking tour of full courses. Even with my self-guided walking tour along the sea wall early in the morning it was a challenge, but I really enjoyed it. Toured with a Danish Family visiting their daughter who is currently working in Iceland, and a young guy who works for Spotify in New York. 


Look Ergil up if you come to Reykjavik! He's a wonderful guide and this is his own business.

The tour was a blend of traditional Icelandic food and a taste of the contemporary favorites.


Lamb soup, three cheeses and three meats in contemporary style, rye bread ice cream, Skyr - not yogurt, but an Icelandic low fat staple that is similar;  lamb hotdog with crispy onions and secret sauces, lobster soup.....the restaurant that led to a boom in business and restaurants in the harbor;   special dessert  at Apotex.

















2 comments: