Sunday, August 14, 2016

Clipping along the Thames



Today we took the boat to Greenwich to meet my Trip Daughter Archita Jha, and her new husband Avijit Singh. Archita is one of my three precious trip daughters from my Fulbright-Hays 2013 seminar in India. I love these young woman and they are so amazing, like my Mary and my young professional former students (some now 54 years old but forever young  to me). 

Archita is from New Delhi, and was a director for part of our program in India. She has a laugh that lights up the world and she tells great stories. She went to Kenyon College in Ohio and has her masters degree from Columbia. I love India, but I am glad Archita is experiencing a different kind of freedom in the UK. I'm glad she likes me! Mary really liked her.

Mary and I also had the privilege of meeting Archita's parents, sister, and sister inlaw. These parents are exceptional and raised two amazing daughters of the world. They hold their own. 

After our lunch in Greenwich we walked under the Thames to Canary Wharf to Archita's flat. After the family visit we took the tube home. A beautiful day❤️

















Shakespeare's Globe - recreated recently







































And my new sn-in-law


No comments:

Post a Comment