Saturday, April 5, 2014

Tapenade is born!

Sue: Mary, it's spring break and we're on our way to Maui. Let's start a blog for sharing food and culture and call it Tapenade.

Mary: Great idea. That will be very bourgeois of us. We will be like Gwyneth Paltrow and her "goop" lifestyle blog.

Sue: Yes, maybe we will get famous:) Let's do it for fun. It will be like the days when you were young and we traveled and wrote and filmed our "All Vacation All The Time" programs.

Mary: So fun. You write about food and I will write about music that would go well with the food.

Sue: Perfect, so much more interesting than wine pairings. I can't write about food without writing about geography and culture though. Food is the main reason I became a social studies teacher. It has everything to do with traditions, family, work and play. Can't think of a more perfect place to begin our blog than in my birthplace of Hawaii. I am glad you finally get to visit one of the islands. Plus, there are amazing things to eat and drink here.

The other great thing about this is that we can post as many pictures of food as we want to without annoying our Facebook Friends who don't like food posts.

Mary: Can't wait to start eating!

Sue: A healthy relationship with food is important. Plus there will be a lot of swimming. It's going to be a good change of pace from my school lunches of apple and celery slices and hummus. Come on, I will introduce you to the menu at Coconut's in Kihei.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck on your blogging adventure! I was very into blogging for about 5 years and made a lot of great contacts and even friends, some of whom I met. I think you should at least link to your posts on FB though to "nudge" us to read them...then when your blog gets famous, you can make a FB page for it for that! Have fun in Hawaii!

    ReplyDelete